Home Forums TOPkit Workshop 2018 Effective Faculty Development

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Brittany Anthony 8 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Author

Ashley Salter
    Participant
    Topics: 21
    Replies: 0

Facilitator(s):
    Alexandra Bitton-Bailey, University of Florida
    Jennifer K. Smith, University of Florida

Are your faculty workshops nearly empty? Do your teaching tips disappear into the ether? Are your effort to develop a learning community falling flat? Then this session is for you! The First Year Faculty Teaching Academy (FYFTA) has helped new teachers connect with each other, identify campus resources and discover new teaching techniques. The workshop aims to save faculty time and frustration as well as kick start career-long exploration of innovative practice. This session will provide a brief overview of the FYFTA framework, activities, session materials and the research behind it all.

Ashley Salter
    University of Central Florida

Alexandra Bitton
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 4

Hi there!
    We are so excited to share our FYFTA (First Year Faculty Teaching Academy) adventure with you. We hope you can join our session and learn about this evolving workshop series. You are welcome to visit the course in Canvas Commons: http://bit.ly/2FDD9I4.
    You can try some of our activities and see our initial results during our session.

Alex

Brittany Anthony
      Participant
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 3

Hello! I enjoyed sitting in on your session. I really liked the syllabus assignment competition. I remember Jennifer mentioning that your student judges weren’t too thrilled with scavenger hunts. What were some of the assignments and activities that students preferred? And were you student judges undergrads or grad students? Thanks!

Alexandra Bitton
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 4

Just in case you can access our course in two ways
    Canvas Course: http://bit.ly/2Iotnax
    Canvas Commons: TOPkit First Year Faculty Teaching Academy.

Alex

Tina Calandrino
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

This has been so engaging to employ active learning during this session! @TOPkitlive #topkitworkshop18 Thanks for allowing us to access your information via bit.ly.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.