Home Forums TOPkit Workshop Day 2: Implementation Plan IRSC Implementation Plan – Virtual Campus Instructor Training & Professional Dev

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Sue Bauer Sue Bauer 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Katie Profeta
    Katie Profeta
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 1

Indian River State College’s Virtual Campus has already designed and developed a course that instructors are being encouraged to take before they teach their first online course. This 3-week course includes best practices for Online teaching, including a 1-1 or group session with the instructor via Blackboard Collaborate. This instills a presence of community while developing a relationship of support for pedagogical guidance, and technical support.

We are currently in the process of recreating the VCIT course to incorporate two additional courses (VCIT 2 & 3) that cover more detailed and intricate processes in online teaching and learning. Based on our successes so far, I can’t wait to tackle this next project.

Katie Profeta
    Virtual Campus Technician
    Indian River State College
    kprofeta@irsc.edu

Profile photo of Sue Bauer
    Sue Bauer
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 15

Thanks so much for attending the workshop and posting your Implementation Plan. I enjoyed reviewing your file. Sounds like you’re on your way to increasing your professional development offerings.

We just finished piloting and are now delivering an advanced professional development course for our faculty. Here’s a link to a short overview:

https://ucf.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bCrKVUGEapAdcwZ (We’re still adding more info to our faculty support site.)

Let us know if you ever want to chat. I’d love to hear what your goals and objectives for the advanced courses are!

Please keep in touch and feel free to reach out to us in the future. We would also like to solicit your feedback and contributions to the TOPkit web site. If you have something you’d like to share or have a great resource you feel we should add to the site, please let us know!

Sue

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.