May 13, 2019 at 5:05 pm #3353
Do you have a conference or workshops to coordinate and need effective speakers? Perhaps you are an excellent presenter in the field of faculty development and would like to be considered for these types of opportunities.
This is the place to share information about effective presenters. Please be sure to include as much of the following information as you can:
- Name and contact of presenter
- Recommendation for type of session (for example: keynote, plenary, interactive presentation, or panel session)
- Area of expertise
Thanks for taking a moment to share your list of top speakers in our profession.
May 16, 2019 at 8:27 pm #3360
Each year we hold a Teaching and Learning Conference for our faculty so are always looking for keynote recommendations.
A few years ago, Jose Bowen (Teaching Naked) spoke and our faculty had nothing but positive feedback about his presentation. It was faculty focused and provided practical suggestions for enhancing instructions. Checkout his site at: http://teachingnaked.com/
This year, we had Jullien Gordon who spoke on how the classroom is changing with the millenial and Gen Z students attending. Very dynamic speaker. https://julliengordon.com/
May 23, 2019 at 10:30 am #3377
I often draw from my network in the digital learning profession to uncover excellent speakers with a wealth of knowledge in both research and practice. These professionals have a national reputation and have achieved excellence in their careers.
- Kristen Betts, EdD who is currently a clinical professor at Drexel University and formerly an administrator in digital learning.
- Dr. Olena Zhadko at Lehman College, CUNY is a consummate professional with a variety of expertise, particularly in faculty development.
- Carl Moore, PhD at University District of Columbia has a penchant for strategy and a plethora of experience leading faculty development programs.
- Michelle Miller, PhD authored Minds Online:Teaching Online with Technology and currently a professor and Northern Arizona University.
- Brian Udermann offers a wicked sense of humor to compliment his expertise. He is a Professor and Director of Online Education at University of Wisconsin–La Crosse.
- Dr. Laurie Hillstock has both expertise in leadership and faculty development in the field of digital learning. She has both a strong presence and personal, approachable facilitation style.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.