Home Forums Share an Effective Practice Sample Course (IDL6543)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Amanda Major 3 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Ashley Salter
    Participant
    Topics: 21
    Replies: 0

Two sample faculty development courses are provided to you under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. As you begin to implement one of the sample courses, what initial challenges do you expect to face? If you used the decision guide, how was the decision guide helpful to you in implementing the Sample Course?

Ashley Salter
    University of Central Florida

Chris Olsen
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

Wow, these sample courses look right on point for teaching faculty how to teach online! Thank you for sharing them. I’ve been trying to import them into our Moodle LMS but have been getting the errors listed below. I’ve tried with both courses with similar results. Is there a way to export the class without the quiz files?

line 924 of /backup/cc/entity11.quiz.class.php: coding_exception thrown line 303 of /backup/cc/entity11.quiz.class.php: call to cc11_quiz→create_node_course_question_categories_question_category_question_true_false() line 253 of /backup/cc/entity11.quiz.class.php: call to cc11_quiz→create_node_course_question_categories_question_category_question() line 230 of /backup/cc/entity11.quiz.class.php: call to cc11_quiz→create_node_course_question_categories_question_category() line 32 of /backup/cc/entity11.quiz.class.php: call to cc11_quiz→create_node_course_question_categories() line 158 of /backup/cc/cc112moodle.php: call to cc11_quiz→generate_node_question_categories() line 84 of /backup/cc/cc112moodle.php: call to cc112moodle→create_node_question_categories() line 104 of /backup/converter/imscc11/lib.php: call to cc112moodle→generate_moodle_xml() line 129 of /backup/converter/convertlib.php: call to imscc11_converter→execute() line 209 of /backup/util/helper/convert_helper.class.php: call to base_converter→convert() line 458 of /backup/controller/restore_controller.class.php: call to convert_helper::to_moodle2_format() line 68 of /backup/restore.php: call to restore_controller→convert()

Wendy Howard
      Participant
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 27

Chris,
      I’m so glad you found the sample course useful! We’re looking into the error message you received to see how we can remedy the Moodle import. I’ll follow up as soon as I get an update.

Thank you!
      Wendy

Wendy Howard
      Participant
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 27

Chris,
      I sent you a private message so that we can troubleshoot offline. Once we resolve this error I’ll post the final resolution for other community members.

Thank you!
      Wendy

Amanda Major
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 20

Teaching Online Pedagogical Repository (TOPR), call for submissions are open now until Sept. 15, 2018. Selected entries will be announced on Dec. 2018.

Entry submission form: https://lnkd.in/eFg3xur
    Previously selected entries: http://bit.ly/topr_fa2015

The Teaching Online Pedagogical Repository (TOPR) is a public resource for faculty and instructional designers interested in online and blended teaching strategies. Each entry describes a strategy drawn from the pedagogical practice of online/blended teaching faculty, depicts this strategy with artifacts from actual courses, and is aligned with findings from research or professional practice literature. To read more, check out https://topr.online.ucf.edu/!

Amanda

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.