Home Forums TOPkit Workshop Day 2: Implementation Plan Santa Fe College Implementation Plan

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Tommi Barrett-Greenly Tommi Barrett-Greenly 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Ryan Keith
    Ryan Keith
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 1

Here is another version of Santa Fe’s implementation plan. While we currently have a professional development program built around online education, TOPkit demonstrated some of the excellent opportunities for improvement! In particular, it has become clear that our culture is something that could be even more effective in promoting professional development. Fostering collaboration between our IDs and faculty would go a long way toward improving faculty participation in PD, but also encourage them to use what they learn there. In our whole plan, the SWOT analysis, on pages 4 & 5, demonstrate some of the places we think our culture could be improved.

Profile photo of Wendy Howard
    Wendy Howard
    Keymaster
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 27

Ryan,
    Thanks so much for attending the workshop and posting your Implementation Plan. I enjoyed reviewing your file, especially your SWOT analysis, and then seeing how it resulted in some concrete steps to implement in the next 30, 60, & 90 days. It looks like those next steps are focused on formative evaluation and continuous improvement. Please let us know how it goes!
    I’ve also asked Tommi to take a look at your SWOT analysis since that is really her area of expertise, and of course she jumped at the opportunity to provide you feedback. I’m sure you’ll see her reply very soon. In the meantime, we would also like to solicit your feedback and contributions to the TOPkit web site. If you have something you’d like to share or have a great resource you feel we should add to the site, please let us know!

Wendy

Profile photo of Tommi Barrett-Greenly
    Tommi Barrett-Greenly
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Hi Ryan, I am quite impressed with your thorough analysis, demonstrated in the SWOT; your input was both observant and reflective. Please feel free to keep us updated on how the SWOT analysis informs and supports your implementation plan. It looks like your plan currently aligns with your analysis, especially the sections where you noted threats and weaknesses. As you go forward, also keep in mind the resources available in the Interactive Faculty Development Decision guide (the report is automatically generated upon completion of the assessment). The report should provide you with additional guidance for recommended best steps, if needed. Overall, well done – and again, please feel free to keep us updated as well as reach out with any questions or feedback. Best regards, Tommi

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.