We invited you to regional sessions for the TOPkit Florida Faculty Development Outreach Campaign 2023 and you showed up. Thank you!
The TOPkit SUS Outreach 2023 Campaign was a dynamic series of events geared towards soliciting involvement of all those involved in faculty development and online learning at Florida colleges and universities. TOPkit is funded by the State University System (SUS) of Florida with the purpose of creating an online location for all of us to share our expertise and learning experiences. From our smaller state colleges to our larger state universities, we wanted to hear from you. It is only from this open communication that we can plan, provide resources, and support our important stakeholders in the TOPkit community.
Please review the TOPkit Florida Faculty Development Outreach Campaign 2023 information below to learn about the campaign purpose, host and site locations, and next steps for this initiative.
If you’re interested in contributing and joining the TOPkit Community please fill out the form and we will be in touch with you!
The purpose of the TOPkit Outreach Campaign is to raise Florida colleges’ and universities’ interest in utilizing and contributing to TOPkit. We plan to:
- Tap into current Workshop presenters and tap into their strengths and ability to contribute.
- Educate the TOPkit.org community about the mission.
- Explain why the mission should matter to them.
- Show supporters how they can get involved. Promote the submission of SUS experts in the TOPkit community (Website content, AskADDIE, Digest, Ambassadors, Workshop, and events)
- Reinvigorate the Ambassador Role and ways one can help TOPkit.org as an ambassador.
- Define specific key performance indicators (KPIs) to gauge the success of the campaign.
- Provide qualitative data to the Advisory Board from the campaign about:
- What draws SUS users to our mission?
- What messages and events are the most engaging for them?
- Are they interested in annual events/involvement, or do they fall into the other categories?
- What aspects of our mission do we want to draw the most attention to?
- What’s their current usage of our website and initiatives?
- Will we target mainly existing users/members, or will we aim to grow our audience with new supporters?
Take some time to review the presentation!
State University System of Florida & Florida College System Representation
Our goal was to visit host campuses around the State and invite surrounding institutions to join us for a day of TOPkit discussions. We are happy to share the involvement and collaboration from the following institutions:
|Broward College |
College of Central Florida
Eastern Florida State College
Florida Atlantic University
Florida International University Online
Florida Virtual Campus (FLVC)
Indian River State College
Lake-Sumter State College
Miami Dade College
North Florida College
Nova Southeastern University
|Polk State College |
State College of Florida
Shortwood Teachers’ College (Kingston, Jamaica)
South Florida State College
University of Central Florida
University of Florida
University of North Florida
University of South Florida
University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee
University of West Florida
Thank you again to each one of you that participated in this campaign. Your kindness and contributions are what make TOPkit a success!
Campaign Event Locations, Hosts, & Dates
Thank you to our gracious hosts for offering their hospitality and facilities to the TOPkit Campaign Committee and event attendees. This campaign could not have happened without your generosity.
Eastern Florida State College – Cocoa Campus
Date: Wednesday, July 26, 2023, 12:30-3:30PM
Host: Ilana Grimes
Florida Virtual Campus – Tallahassee Campus
Date: Friday, July 28, 2023, 12:30-3:30PM
Host: Tom Tu
College of Central Florida – Ocala Campus
Date: Tuesday, August 1, 2023, 12:30-3:30PM
Host: Nancy Keefer
University of South Florida – Sarasota – Manatee Campus
Date: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 12:30-3:30PM
Hosts: Timi Hagar/ Lindsey Mercer
Florida International University – Miami Campus
Date: Friday, August 4, 2023, 9:30am – 12:30pm (A campus tour will also be offered.)
Host: Maikel Alendy
Virtual Event (Zoom)
Date: Thursday, September 28, 2023, 10:00am – 12:00pm
Host: TOPkit Outreach Campaign Committee
Post Campaign Action Items
There were several outcomes from the campaign that were implemented immediately. Some have required planning and execution. The following are our continued action items:
- The outreach campaign committee will be contacting those that showed interest in contributing to the TOPkit community and aligning them with the leads to begin their collaborative work. Please feel free to complete the interest form!
- Based on feedback from attendees, Topkit.org will have a front page redesign.
- A summary report will be drafted to share with TOPkit stakeholder and the TOPkit Advisory Board.
Some fun for the wrap-up…
At the last session, held virtually, we had an ice breaker where we asked participants to share their local Florida gems with the group. They could share a local park, museum, landmark, restaurant, or whatever they felt was their local gem.
This fun activity sparked the theme for TOPkit Workshop 2024! We want each of you to share your local institutional gems! What are you most proud of? Accessibility best practices? Artificial Intelligence initiatives? Rubrics? Quality? Come tell us at the TOPkit Workshop 2024!
Please enjoy these Florida gems, shared from the virtual session’s Icebreaker:
- St. Augustine – The Oldest City in the U.S.
- Tucked away in northeastern Florida, St. Augustine boasts a rich history dating back to 1565. The city’s cobblestone streets, historic buildings, and the impressive Castillo de San Marcos transport visitors to a bygone era. Don’t miss the charming St. George Street, lined with shops, cafes, and boutiques.
- Tarpon Springs – A Taste of Greece in Florida
- Mount Dora – A Quaint Lakeside Retreat
- Cedar Key – A Picturesque Fishing Village
- Cedar Key, situated on the Gulf Coast, is a step back in time to a classic fishing village. Made popular by Jimmy Buffet, here, you can enjoy fresh seafood at rustic seafood shacks, explore the charming streets, and admire the breathtaking sunsets over the Gulf of Mexico.
- Ybor City – Tampa’s Historic Latin Quarter
- Ybor City, located in Tampa, is a vibrant district with a Cuban and Spanish heritage. Its historic streets are lined with red-brick buildings, quaint courtyards, and a thriving nightlife. Visit the Ybor City State Museum for a deeper understanding of the area’s history.