Please plan to join us at the University of Central Florida in Orlando, Florida for a two-day workshop (lunch included) on March 4th & 5th, 2020. This workshop is free and designed for higher education professionals in the State University System and State College System responsible for building or revising a professional development program for future online instructors. It is also appropriate for both new and returning participants. While the workshop is growing into somewhat of a conference format, this is still a workshop which is intended to be interactive with key takeaways.
Please see below to determine if payment is required for your attendance at the TOPkit Workshop and/or the Florida Online Innovation Summit.
Timeline of Important Dates
|Proposal submissions||August 20, 2019|
|Proposal submissions clsed||November 22, 2019|
|Sign up to be a proposal reviewer||December 9, 2020|
|Notification of acceptance||January 10, 2020|
|Workshop registration closes||February 21, 2020|
State University System of Florida & Florida College System
- TOPkit Workshop Only – Free
- Florida Online Innovation Summit Only – Free
- Both TOPkit Workshop and Florida Online Innovation Summit – Free
Independent Colleges and Universities of Florida & Other Institutions
- TOPkit Workshop Only – $200
- Florida Online Innovation Summit Only – $175
- Both TOPkit Workshop and Florida Innovation Summit – $375
5 ways to make the most of your workshop experience
- Plan to meet someone at your institution who may help you refine your goals
- Based on our experiences, we highly recommend setting specific goals in advance and listing them during your registration
- Report back after the workshop with your key takeaways and the action items you plan to take to enhance or implement your faculty development program
- Bring your whole team! Guarantee your seat by being in the first 100 to register
- Consider submitting a proposal to lead one of the breakout sessions
University of Central Florida
Fairwinds Alumni Center
12676 Gemini Blvd. N.
Orlando, FL 32816
Parking for the 3rd Annual TOPkit Workshop will be available in Parking Garage H. Upon exiting Garage H, walk across the wooden walkway towards the Fairwinds Alumni Center.
Prior to his position as AVP, Joseph served as FIU Online’s Executive Director and Associate Director. He obtained his bachelor’s degree in Finance and his master’s in International Business from FIU. Joseph got his start at the United Parcel Service and credits UPS for providing him with a solid foundation in operations management, analytics and customer service.
From left to right: Ashley Salter, Dr. Wendy Howard, Alyssa Albrecht, Jessica Tojo, Sue Bauer, and Dr. Amanda Major
Come Early for the Florida Online Innovation Summit!
Please consider coming early for the Florida Online Innovation Summit on Tuesday, March 3 for an opportunity to share and discuss projects that are being implemented across the state to advance the state-of-the-art in online learning. These are projects that seek to push the boundaries of current technology and practice in order to disrupt existing models and positively impact the constraints of the “iron triangle” of quality, cost, and access for students. For more information, please visit the Florida Online Innovation Summit page.