Please plan to join us at the University of Central Florida in Orlando, Florida for a two-day workshop (lunch included) on March 4th & 5th, 2020. This workshop is free and designed for higher education professionals in the State University System and State College System responsible for building or revising a professional development program for future online instructors. It is also appropriate for both new and returning participants. While the workshop is growing into somewhat of a conference format, this is still a workshop which is intended to be interactive with key takeaways.
Please see below to determine if payment is required for your attendance at the TOPkit Workshop and/or the Florida Online Innovation Summit.
Timeline of Important Dates
|Proposal submissions||Open now!
|Proposal submissions closed||December 4, 2019|
|Sign up to be a proposal reviewer||Open now! Closes December 9, 2019
|Notification of acceptance||January 10, 2020|
|Workshop registration closes||February 21, 2020|
State University System of Florida & Florida College System
- TOPkit Workshop Only – Free
- Florida Online Innovation Summit Only – Free
- Both TOPkit Workshop and Florida Online Innovation Summit – Free
Independent Colleges and Universities of Florida & Other Institutions
- TOPkit Workshop Early Bird Pricing until 1/24/2020 – $175 at checkout
- TOPkit Workshop Full Registration Only – $200 at checkout
- Florida Online Innovation Summit Only – $175 at checkout
- Both TOPkit Workshop and Florida Innovation Summit (separate registration processes) – $375 at checkout
5 ways to make the most of your workshop experience
- Plan to meet someone at your institution who may help you refine your goals
- Based on our experiences, we highly recommend setting specific goals in advance and listing them during your registration
- Report back after the workshop with your key takeaways and the action items you plan to take to enhance or implement your faculty development program
- Bring your whole team! Guarantee your seat by being in the first 100 to register
- Consider submitting a proposal to lead one of the breakout sessions
University of Central Florida
Fairwinds Alumni Center
12676 Gemini Blvd. N.
Orlando, FL 32816
Parking for the 3rd Annual TOPkit Workshop will be available in Parking Garage H. Upon exiting Garage H, walk across the wooden walkway towards the Fairwinds Alumni Center.
The recommended hotel is the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Orlando East-UCF.
Click the image to book accommodations using our group rate.
However, there are alternatives listed at https://www.ce.ucf.edu/Hotels/
Joseph Riquelme brings over 20 years of leadership experience and endless curiosity to his role as Assistant Vice President of FIU Online. Leading a team of diverse employees who are passionate about providing access and opportunity to learners through online education. Joseph cultivates a collaborative culture and challenges teams to bring FIU to the forefront of online education by continually developing and implementing innovative strategies focused on student success.
Michelle’s work has helped online instructors across the nation understand how to craft relevant, humanized online learning experiences that support the diverse needs of college students. In her current role as Faculty Mentor for the California Community Colleges CVC-OEI/@ONE, she coordinates professional development in support of quality online teaching and learning and is leading an intersegmental California Learning Lab grant project that will examine the impact of humanized online instruction on diverse students in undergraduate online STEM courses in California.
Amanda Major, Charlotte Jones-Roberts, Sue Bauer, Joe Lloyd, Jim Paradiso
Come Early for the Florida Online Innovation Summit!
Please consider coming early for the Florida Online Innovation Summit on Tuesday, March 3 for an opportunity to share and discuss projects that are being implemented across the state to advance the state-of-the-art in online learning. These are projects that seek to push the boundaries of current technology and practice in order to disrupt existing models and positively impact the constraints of the “iron triangle” of quality, cost, and access for students. For more information, please visit the Florida Online Innovation Summit page.
Get Updates for Upcoming Workshops
Join our mailing list to receive the latest updates and announcements for the TOPkit Workshop.